A Charged Life

Monday 23 March 2015

Last night I was scrolling through my Scribd app, an app that subscribes you access to various books and essays and such, and found this book called The Charge. I clicked into it and read the intro before going to bed. Well this morning, I picked it up again and started to learn about what it means to have a "charged life". The author describes 10 "human drives" that break down the elements that motivate and charge the modern day life. So far, so good. 

As I was reading, I had a realization of just how much I still need to learn. And on top of that, how I need to switch from an end goal focus to enjoying the journey. I just want to know everything right now! It's a problem. Anyways, this is by no measure a "new idea" but it was good for me to get shocked into realizing that I had fallen into that classic trap. I started on this Big Plan of Happiness with the intent on being able to figure out that the happiest way of life was through being spiritual, and in fact, I thought I had already figured that out and set off to prove it. How wrong am I... Not that I think spirituality isn't an excellent source of happiness, I just need to stop thinking that I know everything. It's not allowing me that room to be Open, like my resolution suggests I follow anyways. So, that was a good learning moment.

Thanks for reading!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment