When you have too many exciting things to do

Wednesday 18 March 2015

As almost all of you do not know, I just recently graduated from the Blanche Macdonald Centre with a Diploma in Fashion Design! At the grad show we debuted our grad collections and I was approached by someone who is a representative for a foundation called Brilliant! Which fundraises for the St. Paul's hospital for mental health. Anyways, I am currently in the process of designing and constructing 10 looks for the show that is coming up this September! The problem I am finding myself faced with is Distraction. "Distraction is the easiest adversity," is one of my Big Truths and here is why:

I am a project orientated person. I like doing projects in the shortest amount of time that I can! For this reason I am also a procrastinator. I procrastinate until the very last second so that I can start a project and then work on it until completion. Obviously, this collection is not that kind of project. So now, I am faced with learning Moderation, which is one of my Rules of Engagement.

As I have recently started my Big Plan of Happiness, I found that most of my time and energy is now going into thinking about new ideas and things I can work on for it. I am putting off my collection, simply because I want to work on this so much! And, its not like I don't have good reason, my spirituality is so important to my daily and long term life! If i'm not spiritual... I feel a disconnect which makes me feel a void. I've had this void for a while now and you know what? I have been lazy, and lonely, I feel empty and over all, not motivated at all! I am now on a new kick for life and its because of my Big Plan of Happiness!! Yay! So how do I find a balance?

I will call upon the wise words of the current Vancouver Mission President who says, "There is no such thing as a perfect balance." I was living in Vancouver when I went to a devotional held by a member of the Seventy and there was a Q&A period where the Mission President got up and told us that sometimes he needs to focus more on church in his life, and sometimes, he needs to focus more on work. This is what I need to learn to do. And somehow, saying it out loud makes me feel like I will focus on it more. So here's to "Moderation in all things!"

I don't want to give away my collection so I have included a fashion illustration for Valentino instead ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment