Cinderella

Saturday 28 March 2015

I haven't post in a while. How is my Big Plan of Happiness going? Slowly... I ran out of steam. I stopped with all of my resolutions. In fact, I even confronted bigger problems. I think I ran downhill even more than I was before I had started. Why? I don't even know why. Maybe I am looking for something. How silly, of course I am. Happiness.

I had 2 largely impactful experiences recently. The most recent being that I just saw Cinderella in theatres for the third time. This time with my dad, and yet somehow, it was much more meaningful to me this time. My sister loved it (round two viewing), told me afterward how completely true it must be that to "have courage and be kind" can work wonders of success in your life. I agreed but it didn't sink in until today. Sometimes its just hard to have courage. I don't mean when I am out or confronting someone, I mean inside. I need to have courage on the inside. I need to have courage to have patience, to believe in myself, to continue to dream...

The second big thing was that i visited my dad's ARP (addictions recovery program) class the other day. It was really interesting. First time I've ever had experience with the program and I hardly had anything to share. I think I felt a tad out of place and uncomfortable. However, as my dad informed me, anyone looking to search for God or repentance is invited to attend. We all have battles and challenges we need to face and overcome. I'm starting to think patience and courage are my 2 biggest ones.

I guess I just feel sort of melancholy now. Having returned home from the spectacle of true love, again I find both my struggles poking at me. On the bright side, I have purchased a couple new books to help me to be continually inspired. I finished The Happiness Project and am on to The Charge: Activating the 10 human drives that make you feel alive. So far, so good. I'll keep you posted on that one and any new small successes I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment