My Big Plan of Happiness

Monday 16 March 2015

On Saturday night I finally finished reading the wonderful book The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, and on Sunday I was having this idea that I could channel a happiness project towards the church! I'm a Mormon, :) incase you were wondering. Anyways, I kept thinking about it and got so excited over the course of the day at this plan! I know several people who are members but don't find they are very "fulfilled" being at church. It's understandable. But one particular conversation I recently had made me realize what one main problem is:

My best friend Michael told me that he decided he was going to go inactive. Honestly, I am not one to talk because my attendance and daily spirituality has actually been quite low recently, but of course, I freaked out! I said some things that were.. well, rude. Essentially I told him he is an idiot. Actually, I did tell him he is an idiot. He said he wanted to go less active in order to find out what he believes in and my retort was, you aren't going to find that out by furthering yourself from any ways to do that. Anyways, by the end of the conversation we decided that his actual problem was that he lacked a testimony and a relationship with God. So do I, actually. 

So, here I am on my new quest to find spirituality in my Big Plan of Happiness! I have been trying to break down what areas I can work on. Gretchen says that its easier to have something specific to keep track of than a general idea when trying to improve your life (I'm paraphrasing). Like "I will give my kids a positive encouragement in their endeavours everyday" opposed to "I want to be nicer to my kids". Its more easy to gage if you are actually keeping to it or not! 

I have decided I might need to go month to month to decide what actions to take next but I do have a few ideas of what to do so far. 

This month is dedicated to: MINDFULNESS 

My resolutions for this month are: Pray Everyday, once in the AM and once in the PM, also before I eat. And, Read my Scriptures everyday, once a day, for 20 minutes! 

I have the belief that these things will help me to be more mindful and to help me start building my relationship with God better! So, I intend to make a checklist chart that I can follow and as this month progresses I am sure I will add things to make my resolutions more potent in my mind! 

M

No comments:

Post a Comment