More

Thursday 19 March 2015

If you are anything like me, you're probably always looking to the future, to better things and better times. You may think "I will be happier when _______ happens." When I have a bigger house, when I have a boyfriend, when I get that job, when I finally move to ______. You live in the future a bit. I am living in the future right now and honestly? Its depressing. If I could live in the future right now, I wouldn't even be here. I'd be living in New York, with my job/internship at a fashion house helping with the inspiration board that will turn into the SS16 collection. I wouldn't care if I had a boyfriend but I would love to have somebody to think about. I'd be making enough money to support myself. Because I would be surrounded by fashion junkies, I'd probably be eating healthier and as a result, feeling better. I would be in a super cool new church ward, full of beautiful New York singles. I hear the Wards there are awesome. I'd just be happier.

But how does any of this help my happiness now? Future planning? There is a quote I heard a while back and text to my uncle that says "If you're not now here, you're nowhere." If you don't live in the present, where do you live? I want to live NOW. And believe me, I am trying. My uncle shot back another quote that says, "He who looks outward, dreams. He who looks inward, awakens."

So I have my Big Plan of Happiness. I am praying, reading my scriptures, I truly believe that finding my spirituality right now will help me find the happiness I am looking for to live in the moment. And don't get me wrong, I am also looking for a new job right now and working on building relationships. But I keep trying to add things to my project. It feels like its not working! I want MORE! I always want more and I think this is a problem. How do I stay happy with what I have now? The answer is probably pretty textbook for most, I think I need to recognize what I have now. I also need to live in the moment more. I want to feel happy now. So maybe another resolution, find joy in all the small things.

I guess I am really happy about this Macbook I am using. I bought it like 5 years ago, but its actually really pretty still. And sleek. And its actually looking really sunny outside, and that drastically affects my day most days.

I'm going to focus. I actually feel better now. :)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment