New Year's Resolution

Thursday 29 December 2011

I have decided to write this post early just incase I don't get around to it on the first of the year. This post is in regards to my new years resolutions. Last January on the first Sunday of the month I went to my singles ward and got up to bear my testimony to the congregation. The two weeks prior to this date was actually when this year (2011) started for me. I say that because if I was to sum up the story of the year, the story I have referred back to many times in this blog, I would say that this was the time when it all really started to happen. Continuing on though. I stood up and after already two weeks of hell I had come to the conclusion on this day that no matter what, the church is what makes me happy. I said that I am happy when I follow it and when I live by the standards that it provides. I then went on to say that I have never really made a New Year's Resolution before. Well. Imagine this. I told the congregation that this year I planned on doing something great. And I had no idea what it was. Just something great (Left it open for interpretation as you can see..).
 I have always wanted to do something great in my life and I am sure I still will but when looking back on the year I can't imagine that I actually accomplished a lot. Nothing tangible or even anything that can be talked about in casual conversation. I am only telling you this because obviously I have figured out something great about the year that I plan on sharing. That great thing is this: My story of the year. The entire point of this blog! It is the love, the loss, the agony, the remorse, the sin, the corruption, the happiness, the confusion, the realization and finally, the recovery. Here I am dear followers! Living proof that life, in and of itself, is great. So what if I dropped out of college? So what if I have no idea what I plan on doing for the rest of my life or the fact that for the last 3 months I have, in fact, been working for my father? So what if I have not made any progress in the actual world of living and working and school? I think because so many people rank personal greatness as a form of wealth or popularity that we have forgotten how great life truly is.
In writing this post I have already found another New Year's Resolution that I might perhaps share again on the first sunday of the month with my new congregation. That resolution is this: This year I will be happy. Just plain and simple happy. I will find happiness in the small things and perhaps even find happiness in a large thing as well. Since I focused on doing something great last year, I have come to the realization that I hate the idea of having to prove myself to anyone or even myself. Life is great is it not? So why not make the best of it? I guess happiness it is. I hope you enjoyed my post and I will probably talked to you again in 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment