It's called being a girl

Thursday 1 December 2011

I feel like I hardly write on here enough. Why is that? Is it because I am having a lack of spiritual, uplifting experiences to write about? Potentially.. But regardless, I mean come on Maegan get your act together! Your poor readers are waiting for you! So I am going to write you today on whatever comes to mind!

Well. My first thought. They say that you always end up teaching the lessons that you most need to learn. Interestingly true... But yet, why are the lessons I most think about always about happiness? I personally consider myself to be a very happy person but I guess I am blind to my own personal well-being. So here it is Miss. Smarty Pants. My lesson for today. Why can't you just simply choose to be happy?
One day a while back I wrote a post on my other blog atheoryforthought.blogspot.com in October 2011 (the post called Conflicted if you feel like looking). This post is seriously a regular occurrence for me. It talks of how I am unhappy and feel like being happy but then naturally get more frustrated with myself and therefor get more unhappy. It makes a lot more sense in the blog ; ). Anyways My conclusion now is that it is 100% impossible to be happy all of the time. You read so many things, like my blog, prompting you to be more happy and to surround yourself with things that make you that way but honestly is it really too much to ask to just sit and be unhappy sometimes?
I'm relating this post to my all too well-known times of emotion when watching one of my favourite films. Lets bring up Titanic. Now who seriously can watch that movie by their self and not cry at the end? It really is just so sad! And I love being sad when I watch it! Why? Because it is just necessary and any girl would understand. Its the act of letting yourself be human. You soak back up into your own head and just let your emotions course through you.
Some men wonder why women can just sit in a living room looking at the wall and make themselves cry. Um, excuse me idiots, its because we want to cry. We want to be sad. We want to feel that self pity that every girl feels when watching The Notebook and wishing a man loved her like that. So why, I ask, can't I just simply choose to be happy? Because I don't always want to be. Thats why. * And, Dear Readers you should really take advantage of this post while you can because its right back to boot camp tomorrow! * And I will allow you one grace today to let yourself feel what you need to feel so that you don't have to feel it tomorrow. A necessary allowance I think. And off you go little followers of mine!





No comments:

Post a Comment