This Fire Grows Higher

Thursday 15 December 2011

Again with the emotions. Ok. Today class we are going to learn that it's a little unnecessary to freak out when someone comments to you about "said problem" that you have been working on. For me, it's an ex-boyfriend. Perfect. Just remember class! They probably have bigger issues than you. Kidding. If you think that way then I would suggest taking a second look at your own problems... Actually I guess I will go into a little more detail on this one.
A cute boy (I'm saying this because he will probably read this and I am trying to use it as some sort of an apology for my mistake) was chatting to me today and brought up le ex-boyfriend. Well I will tell you, it absolutely bugged me! First of all, because I told him I didn't want to talk about it, second of all because what kind of person does that when you are on "The Road To Recovery" and third of all, why would you ever want to discuss a mistake you have made with someone you are pretty much trying to impress? I get that we are all humans but sometimes skeletons need to stay in the closet for just a bit longer until you know each other better.
Well naturally I kind of tried to laugh it off and make it all a joke but afterwards I just couldn't sit in silence. So what did I do? Well... I freaked out obviously. And to be honest I think I was so rude as to actually hurt his feelings instead of mine. Who am i? My ex? I sure hope not.. So that is what this post is about today. A little lesson that we all need to learn.
Not everyone knows you and what you have been through. Not everyone is going to assume that they need to be sensitive when talking about things they know nothing about. And it's not like anyone is going out of their way to purposefully make you feel bad about it.
I am likening this post unto a song that is actually my new favourite. It's called, "You are a tourist" by Death Cab for Cutie. A couple of lines in the song are, "When there's a burning in your heart, this fire grows higher". Make what you will of that but for me I felt like I burst into flames today and for no reason. I guess when there's a burning in your heart that is what happens. Well according to the song at least. Maybe the burning is because I am not fully recovered. Maybe its because of a third party factor that actually had nothing to do with the situation or maybe I just felt like getting mad at someone. I don't really have it pin pointed but I will tell you from experience that you definitely feel bad after. So here is my song for the day and perhaps a few pictures that I can bunch together.






No comments:

Post a Comment