Step One

Monday 7 November 2011

I guess this marks my first official blog on the The Road To Recovery. Well, Like many of you I am an imperfect soul in an imperfect world. Sure I am young, but that does not stop me from living, and making mistakes, and learning from them like so many others like me. You don't need a sob fest so I won't elaborate on my downfalls in life but I will tell you that I have had them. And yes, some of them have been pretty bad.
I decided to create this blog because of a conversation I had with my bishop the other day. He said that one of the steps on the road to recovery is to submit yourself to service. He asked me if I would like a calling in Primary or something of the same likeness which I said I would be glad to participate in (I'm 19 and should be in singles ward but I'm sticking with the family for the time being).
Well since then I have been pondering different areas of service that I could commit to and still be able to enjoy and prosper in and here I am! I wondered if anyone else has started a blog like mine and had a slightly selfish thought to think mine would be the first and awesome. Obviously it is probably untrue since half of the world functions through the internet these days but regardless I hope my words will inspire and uplift.
Well so far this road has been a tough one (it always is) but I think I am finally ready to let myself get better. I know its a childish thought process to think I needed to wait until I was ready but to be honest I just didn't feel the kick like I should have. But here I am! Woot! One thing I know for certain is that I am happier when I feel better about myself. Classic self esteem lesson but you can take it one or two steps past looks and say that you feel better when you are better. And yes. I have a testimony of this. So I am now committing to writing in this blog whenever I feel that I have something to say! No I do not guarantee that they will always be uplifting but hey? It's the Road To Recovery, not always an upward slope.
So I take this as Step 1. Committing. It doesn't have to be something big. I mean hey its only a blog I can rant in right? But committing to something small is just baby steps to committing to something much more large. I am committing to the idea of service right now and hopefully if and when I get readers, I will be able to see what others think and hopefully any positive feedback will encourage me to help more. So please if you have any thoughts share them! The steps are starting now and I hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment